Friday, January 14, 2005

...and so the winter wind blows

Chilly morning air invades my sleep,
Stealing me away from the cherished place
Where lovers still find hope and laughs together
And no tearstains mar either’s face…

And so the winter wind blows, cutting to the bone,
Bundling up tight to fight the wind, yet another battle begins
Attempting to stoke the fires of the heart,
That have dwindled to mere embers after lovers part
And so the winter wind blows…

A frigid nature permeates my consciousness today,
Even bundled up tight, coldness touches me.
Numbness envelops, yet I still feel pain,
A shiver passes through at just the mention of your name.

And so the winter winds blows, leaves tumble to the street
A barren wasteland around, and in my heart, it grows
Grey clouds have settled in, there’s no relief in sight,
And so my heart seeks solace
As the winter wind blows.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara Anne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home