Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Elements at Work

What seems to get lost in all of this mess
Is the love that's buried down deep in my chest.

Dirt just keeps piling on-
Diverting our focus from the true issues of what has gone wrong.
I work so hard to sweep the slate clean,
But a "question-filled" man is how often I am seen.

The fires that you see on the outside
Are not reflective of the turmoil on the inside.
Inside I melt and turn to water.
My tears may be your best indication
That despite my demeanor what I want is our salvation.

I gasp and struggle to take another breath
For fear what I expel may be the last air of "us" that is left.

So I fight the elements that surround my heart
Protecting a love before it totally falls apart.
Knowing underneath there is much to recover
Hoping the elements won't negate what we still can discover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home