Saturday, June 18, 2005

I've Got to Go

I faced the challenge I had most dread
Coming not from the heart,
But speaking from the head.
Saying the words I hoped not to speak,
But for too long I was too meek.

My heart had tied my tongue tight
Holding back my moving ahead
By following it instead of my head.
I stayed too long- wishing for the best
Willing to keep hope alive in my chest.

"I've got to go now" was all I could get out-
Besides the tears which tumbled about.
I hesitated at the elevator, hoping you'd come-
But fear of me still waiting helped me get on.
I know there was love, don't get me wrong
But the "being in love" had long since gone.

Peace and sadness are an unlikely pair;
Yet both reside in my emotional state.
I finally have the answer for so long I sought
Unfortunately the response was simply, "I do not".
Peace now comes in the form of knowing,
Sadness abounds for my love is now going...

I held it together until I got home,
Then let it out, all on my own.
All on my own, once again
I did not wish for this love to end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home