Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Soul Searching

The soul kept searching through the smoke and clouds,
"I know I shall find what I seek.
I'll just give sometime to let all this settle
and when the smoke clears I will see it.
I know it is near."

After a few days, the air still thick with smoke,
the soul pulled up a chair and continued to rest.
"It's still too hard to see, so I will not venture in there.
Have no fear," It said to itself, "time is our friend
There is no need for despair."

By the end of the week there remained a faint haze in the air,
Not quite so smoggy, but the soul didn't care.
I am actually quite ok where I am.
I've waited and now I'm afraid I can't recall what I was seeking to find,
But that is ok, nevermind. I'll just pack and be one my way.

I visited the space of the soul today.
I wasn't sure if I had somehow lost my way-
I couldn't see sign of destruction or fire.
Infact there was nothing to indicate there was ever anything wrong
All I could find was a mirror on the wall, right where it belonged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home