Saturday, January 15, 2005

Something

I don’t know the how, or why’s; it just fell in my lap as a big surprise.
From out of the blue I was knocked off course by something in your head, a nagging little voice.
Something’s not right is all you could say, and from that moment on our love’s begun to fade.
If it were something I was, or something I did, I could learn and adjust to help move us ahead.
Instead I am challenged to understand the unknown; trying to accept these feelings of being all alone.

This feels so strange because you never let it show,
Why was my heart the last to know?
I’ll learn to put my emotions in place
When I see our friends I can wear a brave face
I just don’t know how I’ll ever see you,
Because I never saw our relationship through your point of view.

I keep checking in, holding on fast
Holding on to times that occurred in the past.
Was I the only one who was having fun?
When had the unbecoming of “us” begun?
It hurts to hear “there’s just something there”
Would you give me some answers, can you point out where?
To hear “I don’t know, I’m just not sure”
Makes me question if anything about us was pure.

We once danced and shared our desires
Now I just see the ashes of a smoldering fire.
Did we burn too bright and too fast?
Did we use up all the passion that should have made us last?
Did we take for granted all that we shared
God how I hate questioning if you cared!

There’s just “something” is all you can say
I never thought “something” would take it all away.
Ambiguous and vague “something” rings in my ears.
I walk away quickly, holding back the tears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home