Wednesday, February 09, 2005

still beautiful to me

another night out, nothing special at all
I was with a few friends just looking for fun
we randomly selected the local bar
that's where I first saw you, standing afar

nothing special, but nothing plain
you were one of the few that lingered late that night
when it was time for me to leave the place
I couldn't recall your name, but I remembered your face

a friendship grew, and gradually in my eyes, so did you
where my first impressions left me indifferently
my heart began to see you beautifully
and from that day forth I could see
just how beautiful you were to me

I stood next to you proud, in my eyes-
the most handsome one in the crowd
so forward I went using less caution
loving the one with all i could offer

time was kind, you grew in my eyes
all I wanted was to remain your first prize
when did you quit seeing the beauty in me?
funny, you still remained beautiful to me

Blinded now by glitter, youth and flash
superficial people that aren't built to last
when all I asked was to be a priority
it seemed any new face gained instant seniority

I can only watch as you slowly move on
seeing you seek out others, my attention gone
how cruel is the fate that cuts deeply
when i still see the beauty you once were to me

Haunted by the person you used to be
still beautiful to me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home