Saturday, January 15, 2005

Coming Home

I’ve been too far gone from where I belong,
It’s time for me to head on home.
I had grown accustom to this small town
I need to reclaim my old space.

Entering your world I gave up my home.
Boxes of stuff and picture now sit in my trunk
I’ve set emotions aside to finish this ritual
Gradually these valuables will seem like junk
Discarded, packed away, no feelings at all.

I’m coming back to the home I vacated
I left it to become a part of your world.
Maybe that is why we didn’t stay together
Did I give too much? If not, would we have been better?

If the world we shared were ours and not yours
Forgetting my home, putting it last
Would all of this have come to pass?
Would we now being opening rather than shutting doors?

I’m leaving the small town that felt like a home,
Focused on the road ahead, and not looking back
No more reflecting; leaving those memories intact.
It’s time to get back to where I belong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home