Monday, January 17, 2005

Hearts on Separate Paths

All I wanted to do was love you forever-
I didn’t care about the rest.
You introduced me to a world so full of love
Then suddenly you heart just left.

Hearts running on 2 separate paths,
One moving slow, one burning too fast
Hearts that were once intertwined
Now begin to cut and bind.

You worked so hard to capture me-
You gave me the belief that we could last.
So why is it now that you’re setting me free?
How is it I am the one clinging to the past?

Our hearts are going on two separate paths
Our shared world is now cut in half.
Hearts that quickened with a glance
Now are quitting; love left to chance.

We separate, you go your way and I go mine,
We plan to make sure we don’t meet.
Maybe we will connect again, sometime-
But I don’t see how when our hearts now walk on different streets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home